Sunday, October 4, 2009

Momma called the Doctor and the Doctor said....

No more monkeys jumping on the bed! Oh and by the way Courtney, you have swine flu. Awesome. I definitely don't recommend it to anyone. All that talk about taking kids to swine flu parties--STUPID!!! It sucks! I missed 3 days of work this week. Momma also used to say "be careful what you wish for." Last week I woke up early one morning to get ready for school and I thought to myself, "I just want to stay in bed." I wanted to lie around all day and be lazy and not do anything at all. Well, I got what I wished for. But one day was more than enough. Day 2 was awful. I wasn't supposed to go anywhere because I was highly contagious, but I couldn't handle the couch anymore so I decided to go to the grocery store. We were out of milk....

Bad idea. I think it took every ounce of energy I had left in my body. Pretty sure I almost passed out in the middle of the cereal aisle. Hopefully I didn't infect anyone. I learned my lesson anyway. Don't go out when you're sick.

The worst part of it was the coughing. I have been coughing non-stop for almost a week now. Nyquill and Dayquill have become my bff's. 

Well yesterday I was feeling better and we had tickets to the afternoon session of general conference. So Eric and I made the trek to Salt Lake for the afternoon. Our parking pass ended up being like 2 miles away from the Conference Center. I was wearing heels. Really high ones. And we were running a little late so we power walked to be certain that we were in our seats 30 minutes prior to the start of the session. That did me in. So on the way back, I walked barefoot. Gross. Oh and p.s. I brought tissues with me since I've been having nose issues too. I decided a small packet wasn't enough so I brought a bag large enough to fit my entire box of Kleenex. Thank goodness for Kleenex with lotion! My nose sure appreciates it. :)

Anyway... after the session (by the way, Eric and I both fell asleep for awhile) we went outside and wanted our picture taken. We stood there for about 15 minutes, waiting for the perfect person to take our picture. Yes, there were TONS of people, but we wanted a great picture. (Really, I think both of us were just not in the mood to ask someone to take our picture. I eventually gave in and this was the result)



It was worth the wait.... For some reason we have no pictures of us lately.

My favorite part was walking down the street afterwards and seeing all the protestors. One guy had a shirt that said: "Ask me why you're going to hell." Hilarious.

On a more somber note, Grandma Bready passed away last night. She has been suffering for awhile so it is for the better. We are so grateful for eternal families and for the knowledge we have that we will see her again. Unfortunately, the funeral will be on Saturday so Eric won't be able to come to Disneyland with my family. I would have stayed home as well, but it's our last family vacation before Scotty leaves on his mission so I guess Eric and I will have to represent one another with each of our families.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying conference. Is anyone else getting the message of love?? :)


4 comments:

Bullock said...

did you ask him?! why you're going to hell?!

love erics purple paisley tie.

feel better. do you need a mom? i'll come mother you! payback time!

Jennifer Kartchner said...

The swine flu that sucks :(
I hope you start feeling better! at least you still got to go see conference! thats awesome!
I hope all is well with you and your hubby!!

Shay said...

Courtney! Its been forever, so happy to find your blog! I hope you are doing well, you look AMAZING:-)

Jen said...

AHHH! Not swine flu! I'm sorry!