Monday, October 19, 2009

A Maze and A Missionary

Thursday night we went out on a date with our good friend Michael. Eric set him up with one of the freshman girls from his group when he was a Y-group leader of New Student Orientation this summer. It was kind of funny, but we all had a really great time!

Before we picked everyone else up, we took a picture of us being so excited that I got into the advertising program!!



At Cornbelly's in Thanksgiving Point. We had a great time and there was lots to do! We weren't so good at the corn maze though... We went into "phase 2" and ended up coming out the entrance of Phase 1. Oops! So a Corn Cop showed us where to go to get out and back into Phase 2 again. After going in circles and passing the same signs like 10 times, we ended up coming out the entrance. At least it was of Phase 2 this time! :)



Then we played some tether ball! Eric had never played before, but just like always, he was a natural and creamed us all. *** correction: Eric just informed me that he had played tether ball before. My bad. He was amazing regardless :)



Just us...



Gotta love the self-timer pictures!



This past weekend, we went up to Vancouver to go to Scotty's mission farewell. I only took one picture, but it is precious. Saturday night we went to dinner with some of our really close family friends. Ben and Alexa's youngest, Avery is 11 months old and I got to hold her through almost all of dinner. It was so fun to feed her and play with her and make her laugh. Eric took her from me right at the end and he was SO CUTE with her in his arms. If I didn't already want kids so bad, that would definitely have made me want one. Now I just want one even more!!

Isn't she ADORABLE?! Oh man... I was in heaven!



And of course, the reason we went... My little brother! He did such an AWESOME job on his talk and I was so proud of him! I definitely cried during the farewell. I'm going to miss that kid so much. But it will be fun when he gets back from Anaheim because we will be able to speak Spanish together. Plus, Scotty and I are planning on competing in and winning the Amazing Race. We're looking forward to doing that when he gets back. :)

Here he is with his best friend, Sam Beck. Sam is serving in Ghana and he reports to the MTC on Wednesday. They had a triple farewell with one other kid from the ward. It was really neat to see.



I love you Scotty! I can't wait to see what amazing things you will do on your mission and in the future!!

No comments: