Oh and that family part? We are both SO DANG EXCITED! Especially Eric. Which just makes me love him even more. Every day he pats my tummy and lowers his head down and says, "Come out." And then he tells me he wants the baby to come out and play with him. We both agree, however, that it would be best if the baby stays in there until it's ready. Although it will be awhile before they can actually play together, I know he's going to be a great dad and that is one of the reasons I know we were meant to be together. Since I was very young, becoming a mom has always been my biggest dream. I always struggled trying to figure out what I wanted to be professionally and choosing a major, etc. and I think that's because all I ever really wanted to do was have babies. And I need someone with me who wants babies too and wants a wife who wants babies and wants to be the support system so that there can be babies (hopefully lots of them!) Eric is perfect for the job.
And now, just some random information about the Breadys:
- We bought a box of garbage bags at Costco right after we got married. We're still working on using up that same box.
- Eric farts a LOT. I'm pretty sure they get more frequent and more smelly every day.
- We both get annoyed when the other person leaves messes around. We both leave messes around on a daily basis.
- We each have our own tube of toothpaste: Colgate for Eric, Crest for me. At first I tried to just use the Colgate, but he didn't like the way I squeezed the tube and would comment on it every day. So I just switched back to Crest.
- Eric steals my socks. He likes the way girl socks feel on his feet better.
- We are both very competitive. We have definitely yelled at each other while playing games with friends. I am only slightly embarrassed about this. (It's usually Eric's fault)
- Eric's hiking pace is GRUELING for me. I always say that I love hiking and Eric thinks I'm lying about it because every time we go together, I complain the whole time that he is going too fast.
- I sleep in the very center of the bed because I like to be close to Eric, who is dutifully staying on his side.
- Speaking of sleeping, Eric says and does HILARIOUS things while he's asleep.
To celebrate our anniversary, we went to La Jolla Groves in the Riverwoods. It was AMAZING. We were both drooling over the delicious food and we cannot wait to go back! I ordered the chicken stuffed crepes, and as much as I want to try everything on the menu, I may have to get the same thing every time I go.
Eric and I agree that this next year of marriage is going to be the best yet! I will graduate from BYU, Eric will take the MCAT and apply to medical school, and of course, we'll become parents.
Someday, I would like to write a post in which I'm completely open and frank about the hard times/fighting we've endured. But for now, I'm content to end on a happy note :)