Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Toddler Story Time

A few weeks before Beck was born I started taking Harper to Toddler Story Time at the library. I thought it would be a good way to get us out of the house and that it could be something we would do together after the baby came.

She was only about 14 months old when we went to our first story time. We got there a few minutes early, grabbed a blanket, spread it on the floor and I very carefully lowered my hugely pregnant body down to the floor. She immediately bolted for the door. So I very awkwardly and with way too much effort got back up and chased her around the bookshelves and bribed her back into the room.

Then she sat and played with the contents of my purse while I sang stupid songs and repeated silly chants with the other moms. Harper wasn't the only crazy. One little girl immediately started screaming as soon as she sat down and her mom looked at me and said, "She thinks we're in nursery." Ha!

I thought she would get used to it but she never really did. On the last day, she used story time to practice gymnastics.



Please notice that the other kids in the background are doing puzzles together like they were supposed to. Welp, my child just does her own thing I guess. Can't fault her for that!

3 comments:

The Brames said...

I did the exact same thing with Sawyer and we only went twice. He was horrible with story hour!

Kris and Cath said...

This is adorable:) I love this little one!

Chantel said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my gosh, I just laughed out loud! This is so hilarious! I love that Harper has a mind of her own. TOOOO cute!