Friday, March 9, 2012

Today, I Feel Like Blogging

So I will. I really have no excuse not to blog. I mean, I am home all day with Harper. But I never feel like blogging so I just don't do it. I don't usually do things that I don't feel like doing. Like cleaning the bathroom... ugh I hate cleaning the bathroom. (But I promise I clean it... at least more often than I blog anyway!)

Anyway, tomorrow my baby girl will be 9 MONTHS OLD!!! That means I can say the whole she's-been-out-of-me-as-long-as-she-was-in-me thing. That's weird. I must admit that the out-of-me time has gone way faster than the in-me time did. Boy did I not love being pregnant. Plus now that she's out of me I get to enjoy her cuteness rather than imagine it, or in my case worry that she was going to come out ugly. And dang, my baby is CUTE. Oh my gosh and I'm not just talking about her chubby cheeks and squishy thighs. Her personality is so dang fun. This girl is hilarious and she definitely keeps us on our toes. She started crawling about a month or so ago and ever since then she is busy, busy, busy. She is always on the move and does not like to sit still. Which has made church rather exhausting. But she also has discovered her voice and she loves to hear it. She talks all day long and it's so fun! Our favorite is this awesome zombie noise that she makes. I don't know where she came up with it but she's been doing it for a few months now and it still makes us laugh every time. Only now when she does it I'm pretty sure she's doing it to get us to laugh at her. And when we do laugh, she copies us with this funny little fake laugh.

I'm pretty sure that aside from the cuteness thing, she's also very smart. She started making the "mama" sound a couple weeks ago. We had been trying to get her to say it for months and you wanna know when she finally decided to use it?? Well she and I were in Washington visiting my family and she decided to wake up in the middle of the night and I was trying my darndest to ignore her (not the easiest thing to do when the pack n play is 2 feet from my bed) and after several minutes of her kind of whining, she paused, and then I hear the saddest little "ma ma ma ma ma" you could ever imagine. It just about broke my heart. And of course it got me out of bed to get her and hold her... See what I mean? SMART! She waited for the most opportune moment to use those words in order to get the maximum benefit for herself. Ever since then she uses it when she's sad/wants something that I'm not giving her. It usually makes me give in. Oh boy are we in for trouble with this smartypants.

Enough chatter, let's just let some pictures do the talking, shall we?

Harper's first trip to Disneyland!! It was a pretty quick trip, but she had lots of fun.

Just eating some oatmeal and looking cute, as usual.

Hey little crawler!

Harper's first major owie. OK, it wasn't really that major. And it was much more traumatic for me than it was for her. She pulled my plugged-in phone off a shelf and it landed directly on her eye which bled on my white sweatshirt and I freaked out and felt like a horrible mom. It was bruised for a week or so but she recovered just fine.

Such a sweet girl!

Story time with Daddy! Don't be miss-led by the picture though... She doesn't really like story time all that much. Too much sitting, not enough moving.

Haha love that funny face! She's gonna be just like her daddy.

Just hammin' it up.

She is pro at sitting up after crawling around. She is not pro at avoiding sitting on things. It doesn't seem to bother her to have toys under her bum. Maybe it doesn't phase her thanks to the diaper padding.

Eating an orange. She LOVES oranges.

And this is the most recent picture of her... Somehow she got the sweet potatoes all over her face. Which just adds to the cuteness factor.

In other news.... I got my diploma in the mail! That was a pretty cool feeling. Eric took a picture of me when I first got it. I was wearing an apron and holding my baby on my hip. Classic? Yes. Cliche? Totally. But I wouldn't have it any other way! We'll be walking across that stage next month and it's going to be surreal. The end of an era for us. Eric picked up our caps and gowns the other day and I may have shed a tear or two when he brought them home. BYU has been good to me and it will be hard to leave. Even if we just go up north a few miles.

The next couple months will be bringing some big decisions our way. Maybe I'll update, but don't hold your breath. I don't want to be held accountable for anyone passing out or anything. :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your update! Harper is so dang cute, little girls are the best :)

Katie Bean said...

it's about time! I loved this blog and I miss you guys like crazy! I think it may be about time for another visit :)

Kimmi Rea said...

Please Blog MORE!! If I can't see you in person, at least let me see your munchkin on the blog haha I cant get over how stinkin cute she is. Lets go to lunch soon!!