Thursday, November 24, 2011

Harper's Hawaiian Adventure

This spoiled baby of ours has already been to Hawaii! When she was just 2 months old, we accompanied my family on their annual trip to Maui. We flew to Portland on Saturday then to Hawaii the next day. We were only there until Thursday when Eric and I flew back to Portland then back to Salt Lake on Friday. We had to leave early to get back for his BIG RACE on Saturday!

Eric the packhorse at PDX

My mom bought Harper these sunglasses just for this trip. She was rockin' em!

This was right after we got into town... We went to grab a bite and Harper was so hot and sweaty while she was sleeping. I just had to put her across my lap like this so we didn't melt!

Enjoying the morning out on the lawn

My hunky husband and his baby girl, ready to hit the beach

AMAZING fried rice from the Gazebo. Here Eric is demonstrating the MONSTROUS portion size, but this picture doesn't really do it justice. The leftovers fed my entire family for lunch the next day!

Banana pineapple macadamia nut pancakes. Wow.

Harper's hangout

This is the only way we were able to get a little sun time... We just made Harper her own little tent and she slept perfectly in there.

The line-up

What a life!

Oh how I love this place!

We had a great time, but it was much different this time around. Usually when I go to Hawaii with my family, I just soak up as much sun as humanly possible and read as many books as I can. This year, I pretty much only got to be outside in the mornings before it got too hot for Harper's liking. I spent the afternoons in the hotel room with her and then went out on the town in the evening for dinner. One day my dad stayed in the hotel while Harper was sleeping so Eric and I could play in the ocean and we had a blast with my little sisters.

The flights were actually super easy. We just made sure Harper was nursing at take-off and landing and she mostly slept the rest of the time. She is a really good baby, but she did not love the long car rides across the island. Actually, she pretty much hated them. My 14-year-old brother Jody thinks she's a really fussy baby because he somehow always managed to be in the car with me and Harper. Oh well... She can't be perfect :)

No comments: